What is Fast ForWord?
Fast ForWord does what no other intervention can do: it starts with cognitive skills like memory, attention and processing speed and works from the bottom up, using the principles of neuroplasticity. Fast ForWord aims to remediate the underlying difficulties that keep struggling readers and English language learners from making progress. It consists of two key products:
- LANGUAGE & LITERACY Series
Our LANGUAGE and LITERACY products build foundational reading and language skills to help districts move special needs learners to successful learners in the general classroom.
- READING Series
Our READING products increase processing efficiency and build critical reading skills in schools so districts get the most from their existing instructional approach.
Go to http://www.scilearn.com/products/fast-forword to learn more about Fast ForWord
What is Reading Assistant?
Reading Assistant is the only online reading tool that uses speech recognition to support and correct students as they read aloud – never missing a teachable moment. No other e-book or program provides comparable support. With the help of a supportive listener, students build reading fluency and comprehension.
How Reading Assistant Works?
- When a student has difficulty reading a word, Reading Assistant intervenes by pronouncing the word if the student does not self-correct. View a diagram of how Reading Assistant works.
- After completing a passage, questions measure literal and inferential comprehension. See sample comprehension questions.
- Reading Assistant uses the best practices of guided oral reading instruction, the gold standard for building fluency.
See it in Action:
How Reading Assistant Helps?
- Builds better readers: students improve reading level 50% beyond expected gains.
- Measures progress: it automatically assesses and tracks words correct per minute (WCPM) and reading comprehension.
- Provides an unbiased listener to every student: even hard-to-engage students will practice reading aloud, always without judgment.
- Dramatically improves reading fluency, the critical bridge to comprehension.
How does Reading Assistant teach fluency?
How does Reading Assistant teach comprehension?
How does Reading Assistant support vocabulary?
Is Reading Assistant research-based and research-validated?